Indoor Plants That Are Poisonous And Dangerous

Even though some plants are encouraged as a form of decoration, not all are safe especially when one has inquisitive children or pets around. Children and pets may accidentally chew or crush the plants and thus end up being affected by their poison. Not all indoor plants are toxic; some contain a higher level of poison or toxic materials than others.

Some of the dangers include stomach ailments when swallowed and skin irritation. Such plants should be placed far from children and pet as be avoided as much as possible.

Poisonous and dangerous plants

Daffodilsdafodilajsdfghjnhbgvncdbxsz

The plant is enticing especially to children and pets due to its onion-like bulbs and also white and yellow attractive flowers. Eating the bulbs can result in stomach ailments, increased heartbeat, and sometimes death.

Dumb cane

The plant is mostly preferred in most homes since it can thrive in low light environments, but it is dangerous when handled in a bad way. The name “dumb cane” comes from its symptoms when ingested which include burning and swelling of the tongue which can lead to suffocation.

Eastern Lily

The plant is mostly dangerous to pets such as cats and puppies but can only affect children when consumed in large quantities. Eastern Lily affects pets through kidney failure when not treated and can also affect children when they choke on its pieces.

Oleander

Oleander is another popular indoor plant which attracts people due to its beautiful flowers and economic intake of water. What you may not know is that the plant is one of the most dangerous indoors plants and ingesting any part of it can be fatal. Ingesting can lead to symptoms such as stomach ache, vomiting, and diarrhoea.

Philodendron

Philodendron is also another popular indoor plant which of the arum family that is poisonous and dangerous to both human beings and pets. Eating or philodendronleftdasfgfhjklnmbgvcvxczingesting any part of the plant results vomiting, swellings on lips, throat, and tongue as its poison reacts with the body.

As mentioned above, some plants may have more dangerous poison than others and thus one should know how to handle them. Placing such indoor plants away from the reach of children and pets would be a good way of protecting them from the dangerous of such plants. However, the best way to handle the matter is to ensure that all indoor plants in your home and not poisonous by avoiding the plants as mentioned above.